Finding a job takes a full-time effort. Technology and social networking have changed the game, so techniques that worked in the past do not work now and ideas that are relevant today were not around before. Our counselors and coaches are on top of today’s job market and will help empower and support you throughout your career development and job search process.
Who we help
- Executives and professionals who need to update their search strategies
- Career changers who need help in re-framing their skills for a new position
- Career re-launchers who are returning to the workforce
- College graduates who are preparing to start a career
- Mature workers and those who have been displaced, had jobs outsourced or downsized
How we help
JVS will provide the support you need to take your next steps, from identifying your career path to tuning up your job-search skills—at any stage in your career. Fees apply for individual counseling sessions, but a sliding-scale payment option is available based on need.
We start by discussing where you want to go by:
- Identifying your transferable skills
- Exploring relevant industries and acceptable work environments
- Developing a personal career plan
- Creating strategic goals for choosing a career path
Then we explore how you can get there with:
- Assistance in resume and cover letter development
- Networking techniques and group activities with access to experts and mentors
- Self-marketing strategies
- Social networking skills
- Mock interviews to refine interviewing skills
We hold a variety of events, programs and workshops featuring expert speakers and panelists. These provide you with opportunities to network while you learn tips and strategies to find your next job.
View our JVS Events Calendar for listings.
View our announcement flyer for Career Moves.
View our past Workshops on You Tube.
To make an appointment in Chicago, please call (312) 673-3400.
To make an appointment in Skokie or Northbrook, please call (847) 568-5150.
To make an appointment in Arlington Heights, please call (847) 392-8205.
To make an appointment in Lombard, please call (630) 889-0548.