“You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give.” Winston Churchill
We encourage you to volunteer through JVS. For those who are currently employed, this is a great way to help others. If you are currently unemployed, volunteering is an excellent way to gain important, resume-building experience.
Volunteer for Windows 7 Operations & Excel Training
Dates & Times: 3 hours twice a month (daytime hours only, no evening hours)
Purpose: JVS offers instruction in the Microsoft Office Suite to help our clients acquire or deepen the skills needed to find their next job. Currently, we are seeking instructors to lead the once-a-month day time workshops in Introduction to Microsoft Windows 7 Operations, Introduction to both Word and Excel 2010, and Intermediate Word and Excel 2010. Workshop days and dates are determined by volunteer’s availability, lab availability, and in coordination with other workshops.
- Lead quality training workshops using the existing curriculum
- Coordinate content and presentation materials with other volunteer instructors and JVS staff
- Participate in occasional meetings to evaluate the program and recommend changes as needed
- Collect attendance sheets and participants’ feedback reviews
- Experienced using Microsoft Windows and/or Microsoft Word and Excel in business environments
- Able to assess the needs of course participant on both the introductory and intermediate levels
- Able to lead small classes flexibly as needed to reflect the various skill levels of participants
- Lively, encouraging presenters, able to provide an upbeat, interactive atmosphere with sensitivity to the needs of participants and their confidentiality
- Willing to follow the existing curriculum using the slide presentations
- Familiar with the challenges of job-seekers who wish to upgrade their skills
If interested in volunteering, please call 773.467.3746 or email Volunteering@jcfs.org for more information.
Tutor: GED Math Assistance
Dates & Times: Weekday or evening, Sunday through Friday; flexible days and times
Commitment: 1-2 times weekly through July (could terminate sooner if student passes GED)
Tutor: GED Math Assistance
Help a young adult pass the math portion of the GED exam. Are you a math wiz and enjoy teaching others? This volunteer position might be for you. We are in need of a volunteer who can donate their time 1-2 times weekly for an hour at the Rogers Park Public Library. The length of the position is dependent upon the successful completion of the exam.
- Develop rapport with the student.
- Teach relevant GED math skills.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Personable with the ability to exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Patient and caring disposition.
- Maintain strict confidentiality during and after the volunteer commitment concerning JVS clients, their families and their situations
To sign up for a volunteer project and for more detailed information please contact email@example.com